Sunday, April 25, 2010

flower frenzy

I had a problem.

The purse I was using was double strapped and one of the straps would not stop falling off my shoulder.  It was driving me NUTS!  

So, I decided to go to my purse bin (yes, I have a bin of purses/bags...I love them!) and see what I had.  There were only two purses that had a single strap.  One is a small one and this was the other one...

before

I love all the pockets and the adjustable strap, but it's a pretty drab bag.  So, I went to the web for a fabric flower tutorial.  I got some great info from this one.

after

I think it's finished, but I might still add to it.  So far, there are flowers, buttons and new zipper pulls.  (and some bangles that were shower gifts my mom made for the baby shower!)  


Making the flowers was so much fun!  They didn't stop on the purse - a brooch was made, too.  I think they might become a favorite embellishment...

Hope you're having a blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment