Sunday, April 18, 2010

Busy Weekend

The Indie Biz class ended this weekend. :(  I have to admit I'm a bit sad about the whole thing!  I learned SO much from the class and had such a great time.  Elsie, Jill and Leigh-Ann are wonderful teachers - I highly recommend taking anything they offer!!

This weekend was full of distractions though, as my husband completed his first half-Ironman.  Whew!  I am so proud of him!  It was his first, and he finished just about where he wanted to!  He's pretty amazing.

That being said, unfortunately no craftiness happened here this weekend.  I was going to take some embroidery along, but there wasn't really time to work on it.   


The apron looks a little funny because it doesn't sit right on my uber pregnant belly!  In a few weeks I'm hoping it will fit just right. ;)  

These photos are from several weeks ago when I made a handy-dandy crafting apron out of a pillowcase I picked up at the thrift store.  One side is a rainbow of stripes, the other is a rainbow of dots.  Love it!!

I tried to write a tutorial on how I made it, but I don't have enough pictures and even though I'm not the one that did a Triathalon today, my brain sure seems to think so!  I'll make another one soon and share with you then.

One picture I do have, is of a sewing 'oops'.  
(Why is it that these always decide to be front and center on a project?)

  It's that purple bit in the middle.


The fix?  A lovely lavender bow, of course!

I hope your weekend was splendid and your Monday will be the same!  

No comments:

Post a Comment