Saturday, February 13, 2010

Fusing Plastic

The next few posts will be projects that were done within the last year or so.

For some time, I worked with fusing plastic bags (ones from the grocery store). The recycling/reusing and making something so bad for the environment into something useful and beautiful really appealed to me. Unfortunately, the fumes heated plastic put off, were not as enjoyable.
This was one of the first bags. It's a little clutch with ruffles along the edge and some embroidered embellishments.

More recycled art soon...

Until then, happy Saturday and Blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Woah, this is fantastic! Mine is so plain compared to your fused plastic bag! I am just learning how to sew. I need to practice my ruffles! Check it out! <3

    www.fitsandstartsandcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SUPER ADORABLE!I LOVE IT!!!!you're so inspiring!Nice to meet you dear classmate.I can't wait to see more of your ideas in class!

    ReplyDelete