Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Finished Projects!

Hooray!  Some finished projects to share with you...

A sneak peak at my Craft Hope project!


All that's left for this project is the store bought stuff!



This is a pin cushion using a baby food jar.  Another idea I got in my head somehow and have been looking and looking for something to put in the jar.  Found these little birds at Michael's and they are perfect!
I'm semi-happy with how it turned out.  Needs some work on the top portion.  I think I'm going to try to make a felt pin cushion top for the next one and see if that goes better.  This top is just some stuffing in a circle of fabric that is gathered at the bottom into a big poof.  Then I had the problem of covering up the rim of the lid.  I think felt will be better over all.


And this poor apron was started over a year ago.  It is for a friend and was supposed to be a housewarming present.  She's been living in her apartment for over a year now!  I was working on the ties when my last sewing machine seized up on me and I got so frustrated I went to hand sewing for a long time.  I had already started this with machine sewing, so I wanted to finish it that way.  Better late than never, I guess.  The base is half of a pillowcase that my mom found and the pocket is made from a vintage sheet (I embroidered the A for Ali on it!).


My friend Andee (that is doing Craft Hope with me) has a little interview with me today, you can see it here.  I'll be interviewing Andee in April, so look for that here soon!

Blessings!


1 comment:

  1. That apron is so adorable...I'm going to have to sew one very soon!

    ReplyDelete